Save on SoftwareDaily discounts available at:
What is your frequency of computer versus mobile use?
Modernize and secure your workspaceSecurity and privacy are two of the most important issues in today's world; leaving passwords on sticky notes around your computer simply will not cut it anymore. Data Guardian is a secure database application with up to 448-bits of Blowfish encryption - regardless of how sensitive your data is. Create multiple databases in Data Guardian for a variety of purposes such as an address book, customer database, Christmas shopping list, journal, password manager, or even notepad.
Completely customizableEasily create collections to store records, and even apply custom color labels and icons! Change the view options for each collection to see the information you want, and add your own custom data fields. Do not be stuck with a program which forces you to input your information into predefined fields. Enter the data you need to, not what you are forced to.
Integrates with your computerAside from Data Guardian's easy to use Keychain integration* to autofill passwords on web sites, it also offers a variety of other tools and features to enhance each record. Dial phone numbers through your modem with a single click, create new e-mail messages, generate secure passwords (based on an algorithm of your choosing), and even synchronize two databases.
- Create unlimited records, collections, and fields!
- Insert pictures into records
- Dial phone numbers directly from records
- Import virtually any flat-text file and map it to custom fields
- Export your database to a flat-text file for use in other programs
- Synchronize databases
- Automatically login to servers
- Synchronize Data Guardian with Safari's Keychain to aid in auto-fill
- QuickBrowser — access to Data Guardian from within any application
- Up to 448-bit Blowfish encryption
- Record application activity to a log
- Auto-clear clipboard after a specified interval
- Dynamically generate passwords based on a user specified algorithm
- Automatically saves databases
- Can discard changes and quit Data Guardian if left idle for a period of time
- Print a sheets of record information in a variety of formats
- Apply changes to a selection of records at the same time
- Powerful RegEx search function
- Cross platform compatible database format between the Mac and Windows versions
- Auto-quit if idle for a specified time period
Licenses to suit your needs
Single-user or One Computer
|More details on license types can be found on our License FAQ.|
|Apple.com||About This Particular Macintosh|
|The Mac Observer||IT-Observer|
"Totally customizable to your needs. I've needed a program like this for a while but could never find exactly what I needed. Data Guardian ended up being the end of the road for me, and I absolutely recommend it to anyone out there who is still searching." — Susan McAllister
"How did I ever live without this? I'm paranoid so I used to think the only safe place for my passwords and information was inside my head. Guess I was wrong… and as an added plus, Data Guardian never forgets!" — Jackie Young
"The encryption level that this app uses is just insane. I won't entrust my information to anything less than Data Guardian ever again, that's for sure." — Daniel Kamp
"Koingo's customer support is incredible, and this app is always updating and improving. Just when I think Data Guardian can't possibly get any better, I'm always pleasantly surprised. Every single time." — Jasmine Taylor
"I haven't found any other application that does things as beautifully and as smoothly as this one. And trust me, I've tried just to see if I could conquer the challenge. I failed… but I'll be the first to say that I'm quite content with that. Keep up the good work, Koingo!" — Aaron Wellsgreen
"I love how diverse this app can be. I use it for everything from passwords to contacts to a tool for reminders. I honestly couldn't ask for a more complete program for all the things I need. I highly recommend this! You won't be disappointed!" — Carson Workman
"It's so easy to use. The interface is simple yet you can do so much with it. The perfect app to consolidate all your needs into one." — Mitchell Connor
"This program is like the backbone of my digital existence. I don't know how I've survived all these years on the internet without it. I would have been hooped so many times if I hadn't kept my data stored using this app. 10/10 Koingo, keep it up!" — Nicole Audette
"Great app, always improving. I really like how Koingo actually listens to their customer's suggestions and integrates them into the updates. I'm always looking forward to seeing new tweaks in the upcoming Data Guardian releases." — Riley Brooks
"I have so many different passwords and logins that I can barely tell which way is up. If it weren't for this app storing it all for me I'd probably have just given up a long time ago or made all my passwords the exact same (I know - safe, right…?) The level of encryption that this app has just blows my mind. This is the perfect password storage device, hands down." — Matt Combs
Need extra assistance?The following video tutorials require QuickTime. Alternatively, documentation is available for this program under its "Help" menu, or you may contact our support department.
Download (5.1 MB, 4:49)
Creating a new record, defining fields, saving a record and database, creating a preset, and creating a database template.
Download (4.3 MB, 4:35)
Creating a regular collection, adding records to the collection, creating a smart collection, using View Options to show additional columns, editing a smart collection's ruleset, removing records from collections, removing collections.
Download (4.1 MB, 3:29)
Exporting a CSV file from Numbers, loading the CSV file into Data Guardian, mapping field destinations and types, specifying a custom field destination, verifying the import.
Detailed list of changes
- Version 3.x is a $9.95 paid upgrade from version 2.x and earlier. If you already own a 3.x license, just download this update. No payment required. For everyone else, please visit our upgrades store for a free or paid upgrade as well as more information.
- This version is designed for Intel-ONLY Mac OS X 10.6 or later or Windows XP or later. Versions for older systems can be downloaded on our web site.
- Version 3.0.8 — April 30, 2013
- Bug Fix: Should no longer crash when re-ordering fields and the field name is told to redraw while it's being removed.
- Bug Fix: Upgraded to latest Keychain APIs to improve stability.
- Version 3.0.7 — April 1, 2013
- Bug Fix: No longer crashes if assigning a password to a database, not saving it, locking it and trying to unlock it with the Add to Keychain option enabled in the Preferences window.
- Version 3.0.6 — March 21, 2013
- Bug Fix: Now correctly imports Keychain passwords.
- Version 3.0.5 — February 25, 2013
- New Feature: New default Presets value to only preserve original field values if they are not empty.
- New Feature: New records automatically start out in Edit mode.
- New Feature: Can now drag into the Unfiled collection.
- New Feature: When not in Edit mode for a record you can now double click a field to copy its value to the clipboard.
- New Feature: Right click on Trash collection now exposes option to empty it.
- Bug Fix: Fixes bug that would cause autolock/autoclose to continually fire with incredibly rapid succession after the time period hit potentially causing data loss.
- Version 3.0.4 — February 23, 2013
- New Feature: Now automatically selects for editing the new field if adding one to a record.
- New Feature: Disabling the black glass theme now also disables it for the Quick Browser.
- New Feature: Disabling the black glass theme now also removes it from the list headers.
- New Feature: Deleted items now have a trash row icon.
- New Feature: Added animation for opening new database and record windows.
- Modification: Attempting to delete a record from the Trash now prompts the user to empty the Trash instead.
- Modification: Stop buttons in Quick Browser are no longer shown unless auto-advance/reverse is active.
- Bug Fix: No longer temporarily locks a record while reloading it.
- Bug Fix: Fixed 3 potential crashes when syncing with mobile.
- Bug Fix: Crash when print as displayed.
- Bug Fix: Now retains the width of the collections column when loading a database/unlocking.
- Bug Fix: Items that have been Trashed no longer appear in the main Library collection.
- Bug Fix: Fixed ability to double click databases in the Finder.
- Bug Fix: No longer resets scroll position of main list when deleting items.
- Bug Fix: Edit Presets and Add default Presets menu items working again.
- Bug Fix: Trashed items can no longer show in smart collections.
- Bug Fix: Fixed ability to set default preset in the Edit Presets window.
- Bug Fix: Sort order of presets is now retained when saving.
- Bug Fix: Fixed ability to clear marking of default preset if no row selected.
- Bug Fix: Fixed ability to move records to Trash while viewing Library list.
- Bug Fix: Option clicking the arrows in the quick browser now properly activates the auto advance/reverse features.
- Version 3.0.3 — February 16, 2013
- New Feature: Now uses GDI+ for font and graphics smoothing.
- Bug Fix: Now shows ampersand in prefs window toolbar item for Date and Time on Windows.
- Bug Fix: Substantially less graphical flickering on Windows.
- Bug Fix: Can no longer drag into the same collection the record is dragging from.
- Bug Fix: Fixed the tooltip on the generate password icon.
- Bug Fix: No longer crashes if renaming a collection, the database is not dirty, and the window is asked to be closed.
- Bug Fix: Initial focus is now on the record list when loading a collection.
- Bug Fix: Dragging items out of Trash to Library will now move the record out of the Trash for real.
- Bug Fix: Mouse cursor now accurately reflects drag operation to/from Trash.
- Bug Fix: Empty Trash button is no longer enabled if no items are in the Trash.
- Bug Fix: Now properly marks the database saved state as dirty when sorting a column.
- Bug Fix: Show/Hide grid lines now immediately applies on Windows.
- Modification: Renamed Synchronize menu item to Local Sync to avoid confusion with Mobile Sync.
- Version 3.0.2 — February 16, 2013
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash when opening the Quick Browser when no records exist in the collection or DB.
- Bug Fix: Fixed caption on launch URL button.
- Bug Fix: Fixed dynamic menu order on Windows.
- Bug Fix: Fixed pressing header to sort if only one row item.
- Bug Fix: No longer leaks menu item objects on Windows causing severe menu flicking and painful program slow downs.
- Version 3.0.1 — February 13, 2013
- New Feature: Option to turn off black glass theme for the main window in the Preferences window.
- Bug Fix: No longer crashes when dragging and dropping a record into a collection.
- Bug Fix: Hammer and wrench icons hidden when not in record edit mode.
- Version 3.0 — February 9, 2013
- New Feature: Revamped the Password Generator window.
- New Feature: Revamped the Database password window.
- New Feature: No longer duplicates entires when exporting to 1Password.
- New Feature: View Options are now all under the View menu.
- New Feature: Home database picker in the Prefs window is much more Mac-like and shows recent files.
- New Feature: Can now assign presets from the Record menu.
- New Feature: Added Copy Password menu item to reduce screen clutter in record window.
- New Feature: Locked records can no longer be deleted.
- New Feature: Can now turn off remembering recent databases.
- New Feature: Added protection against saving over a modified database by someone else.
- New Feature: Icons in the recent menu.
- New Feature: Auto-lock databases on idle interval.
- New Feature: Fancy new Database Locked screen.
- New Feature: Quick Browser redesigned visually.
- New Feature: Quick Browser no longer requires being reopened when changing the floating preference.
- New Feature: Quick Browser now has a horizontal scrollbar.
- New Feature: Quick Browser now automatically sizes to columns to fit information.
- New Feature: Record labels are now indicated by a dot instead of a row colour.
- New Feature: Can now choose the field to search in the main window's search box.
- New Feature: The list in the main window now has a classy black glass appearance!
- New Feature: The toolbar now only contains the most essential items and mimics iPhoto.
- Modification: Redesigned the sync databases window.
- Modification: New DG3 file extension. Files are NOT backwards compatible with DG2
- Modification: Dramatically improved the clarity of the configuration options of loading presets.
- Modification: Changed hot key for Command-N so that it creates a new record instead of new database.
- Modification: Locked records can no longer be deleted.
- Bug Fix: Ampersands now properly show in the record presets menu.
- Bug Fix: Text in the main list now draws text at the proper Y position if there are no icons to the right of the column and the list text size is very large.
- Bug Fix: Duplicating a record no longer erroneously copies across the tag for import/export UUID.
- Version 2.5.1 — January 28, 2013
- Bug Fix: Now properly exports passwords to 1Password.
- Bug Fix: Preset names are no longer lost when saving a database.
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash when loading a database with files on records without icons.
- Version 2.5 — January 25, 2013
- New Feature: Converted to a new proper, more secure, faster, reliable SQL database file format. We have thoroughly tested this new database format; however, we strongly urge you to backup your data before saving in the new version for the worst-case-scenario.
Older versions for legacy users
|Data Guardian 2.5.1||Mac OS 10.6+ (Intel)||January 28, 2013||9.5 MB|
|Data Guardian 2.5.1||Windows 2000/XP||January 28, 2013||11 MB|
|Data Guardian 2.1.2||Mac OS 10.4 (PPC/Intel)||October 16, 2012||14.24 MB|
|Data Guardian 2.1.2||Windows 2000/XP||October 16, 2012||9.44 MB|
|Data Guardian 1.6.5||Mac OS 10.4 (PPC/Intel)||May 17, 2009||11.55 MB|
|Data Guardian 1.6.5||Windows 2000/XP||May 17, 2009||7.23 MB|
|Data Guardian 1.0.1||Mac OS 10.4 (PPC/Intel)||September 1, 2006||9.32 MB|