Theme Song Trivia Manual
Our manual is always expanding! While we strongly believe our products as so intuitive you shouldn't need a manual, there are exceptions now and then. If you feel there is something missing from the documentation, please contact us.
Table of Contents
Connecting an External Display
Theme Song Trivia has two modes. "Host mode" allows you to play the game on two monitors: the administrator/host window on one screen, and the game window on another.
- Connect an external display.
- Ensure "Video Mirroring" is turned off in System Preferences->Display.
- Go into the Preferences window and enable "Host Panel". The Host Panel shows the answer, all hints, and has options to award points to teams.
- Choose the screens for which the game and host panel should appear on (commonly 1 for the game window and 0 for the host panel if two displays are connected).
- Create a new game!
Creating a New Trivia Set
When you first launch Theme Song Trivia, a "Trivia Set" must first be created.
- Choose "New Trivia Set..." from the "Game" menu.
- Choose a name for the music set you plan to create (ie. 80s TV Shows) and click "Create".
- Drag and drop .mp3s or other audio files into the list on the left, or press the plus (+) button at the bottom.
- Click the "Sync with Server" button on the toolbar to have Theme Song Trivia contact our web server to attempt to autofill some hints.
- Visit each song that was just added and enter any blank hint fields.
- When done, click the "Save" button and close the window.
- Drag and drop files into Set Editor.
- Show iTunes artwork for currently playing song on the background.
Use Theme Song Trivia to create a game based on your existing music collection or download theme songs from the web and relive the nostalgia of your childhood! Create hints for each song which will be revealed as the countdown lowers. Host an unlimited number of teams and play on the computer or mirror your display over to a TV!
Playing the Game
The 40 second countdown timer will begin. As soon as a player knows the answer, they will buzz in using the "Award" button. If no one has figured it out, a new hint will be revealed every 10 seconds if available. Depending on the option specified in the Preferences window, you may or may not be asked to enter the song name. Punctuation, articles (ie. the, an, and), and upper/lowercase are irrelevant, but spelling is key! The game ends when all songs have been guessed, but can be ended early or paused using the controls at the bottom of the game window. Ending a game early will still congratulate the team that has the most points. It is also possible to add new teams while the game is in progress.
Starting a Game
- Choose "New Game" from the "Game" menu.
- Click the plus (+) button to add new teams, and specify their names. Then, click Next.
- Select a previously made trivia set.
- Click Begin!
- If you close the main window when in full-screen, the menubar will not reappear on Mac OS X.